ADHD ADD Diagnosis , Pediatrician or Psychologist ?

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about ADHD ADD symptoms, Checklists & Evaluations and other ADD-ADHD topics.

How do I choose a doctor to evaluate my child for ADD?

ADHD ADD Diagnosis , Pediatrician or Psychologist ?

Many parents consult their pediatrician to have their child evaluated for ADD ADHD. An educational psychologist or psychiatrist, however, is almost always a better choice. In addition to being more knowledgeable about ADD ADHD, an educational psychologist or psychiatrist can do a more in-depth evaluation, and provide you with a great deal of valuable information about your child, such as strengths, weaknesses and learning style.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this ADD-ADHD Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Linda Handiak