Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about ADHD ADD Behavior Management and other ADD-ADHD topics.
Here are some suggestions for parents to handle children with ADHD ADD:
• Parents of the ADD ADHD child must be assertive in limiting television watching as well as the time duration for video gaming and radio or music listening. This is because, as explained by an ADHD expert, “television, radio and video games are all stimulants and impede the abilities of children with ADD and ADHD to concentrate, relax and sleep”.
• parents must assign specific duties to their ADHD ADD children for example “empty the trash in the bathroom and kitchen, rather than just directing them to take out the trash”.
• Also, with the help of “behavior modification therapy”, patients with ADHD can be taught organizational skills and time management while utilizing things like day planners or electronic organizers.
• Creating strict routines with extra hours for exercise is also a way to manage ADHD. The ADHD child loves to move! Plan a family exerisze hour.
• Take your ADHD ADD child thru a step buy step plan when acomplishing larger tasks. Splitting major tasks into minor ones can also greatly help reduce anxiety.
By following specific steps for diagnosing the problem and the type of ADD ADHD, this challange can be treated with the aid of various therapies that help sufferers learn coping strategies.
My boyfriend and i have a daughter together and he has two other children from his previous marriage. His son is 9 years old and daughter that is 8 years old. His son has a lot of problems. ADD, autism, and is a few points away from being a genius. The kids come home after school and i will be getting them all day after school is out. The 9 year old just drives me crazy because his not nice, disrespects me and only me. He argues about everything. He is addicted to video games and computers. he hold his urine in and doesn't wipe his bottom or may go big potty in his pants. At the end of the day i just think and look back on the things i have said, done, and tried different. I regret having to yell at him and to tell him over and over to be nice or not to talk to me that way. do you have any suggestions on how to get him to be respectful or how to not ruin the day. I have tried and cried out for help. his father thinks we cant punish him or have a time out because he has something wrong with him so he feels sorry for him and i think that his son thinks its alright to treat my daughter and i like crap. His mother on the other hand she tells him what not to do put he doesn't seem to get it. It's ruining me and i don't want him to feel like i'm against him. I do everything for these kids.please help me thank you. Randi
|Sheri Ann Richerson|